Berry Good Morning Protein Shake
The best part about having a protein shake for breakfast is that it takes less than 5 minutes to make, and you usually have the ingredients already! Let's not forget that a shake usually has about 20 grams of protein, and several also contain a healthy source of your daily vitamins, minerals and adaptogens to start your day off right.
Although I like to mix it up on occasion, this Strawberry shake is in my top two favorites to drink. It is refreshing, sweet, and just what I need to wake up.
- 1 cup unsweetened Almond Milk (I use Califia Farms brand)
- 1 scoop of vegan Vanilla Protein (my current fav: Plant Based Vanilla Shakeology)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 tsp of raw honey, or you may use Stevia or Trivia in place of this
- 1/4 cup of non-fat Greek yogurt (so good for making the shake creamy!)
***Note, you can add in a handful of spinach, a tablespoon of chia seeds or hemp seeds, or a some frozen riced cauliflower for an extra boost of veggie and antioxidant power).
Put all ingredients into a high powered blender, and blend until smooth. It's that easy!